Description - This is a bold, select orange pekoe tea entirely from Assam — the premier black tea growing region of India. Famous for its full, sweet, round, and delicious flavor and amber color, Assam tea pairs beautifully with milk, but is sweet and “tippy” enough to drink alone.
It's challenging to source great Organic tea in Assam. Why? This region’s teas are so prized that they have no problem selling all their tea as conventional. In fact only a small portion of the hundreds of gardens in Assam are Certified Organic! Assam is a river bottom region - the Brahmaputra river flows through the entire region. This river drains a massive area north of the Himalaya, an area almost the size of the continental US. When it flows through Assam on its way to the Indian Ocean, it is up to 6 miles wide! The area is hot and humid and the soil is black and fertile. This gives lots of nutrients to the tea plants which in turn give them great flavor. Unlike Darjeeling, in Assam the 2nd flush (harvest) gives generally the best leaf. This means that we focus our buying on just a few weeks' harvest out of the entire year!
Ingredients - Organic white tea Origin: China
- Use 15oz filtered water per sachet.
- Pour boiling water (212°F) over sachet.
- Steep 3-5 minutes.
- Try it iced. Brew in 6 oz. water, add sweetener (optional!), and pour over ice.
- Kids love this naturally sweet and tart (sugar-free!) tea. Use it as a base for jello and popsicles.
- Consider yourself an amateur mixologist? Try infusing this tea in your favorite alcohol and start experimenting with cocktails!
- Pairs well with chocolate – like Dark Chocolate with Raspberries. The sweet and fruity chocolate is the perfect accompaniment to the tart tea.