Description - Our English Breakfast is so much more than just a blend of black teas designed to be strong and dark. It’s Organic full-leaf Indian tea, which gives it more layered, rich flavors than a typical English Breakfast teabag. Also, it contains 3.2 grams of tea per sachet, as opposed to 3g in our Organic Assam and 2.5g in our other black teas. This is a high-quality, delicious English Breakfast, as you would expect from Two Leaves and a Bud.
Did you know “Breakfast tea” emerged in Scotland in the late 19th century? Queen Victoria dubbed it “English Breakfast” when bringing some back with her from Balmoral. “Builder’s Tea” is a British term for a strong brew of this tea. Call it what you like, it’s a darn fine cuppa’.
Ingredients - Organic black tea, Origin: India
- Use 15oz filtered water per sachet.
- Pour boiling water (212°F) over sachet.
- Steep 3-5 minutes.
- Try it iced. Brew in 6 oz. water, add sweetener (optional!), and pour over ice.
- Kids love this naturally sweet and tart (sugar-free!) tea. Use it as a base for jello and popsicles.
- Consider yourself an amateur mixologist? Try infusing this tea in your favorite alcohol and start experimenting with cocktails!
- Pairs well with chocolate – like Dark Chocolate with Raspberries. The sweet and fruity chocolate is the perfect accompaniment to the tart tea.